- How do I purchase contacts from Samís Club?
There are three easy ways to order contacts:
- Online. www.samsclubcontacts.com
- Phone. Dial 1-800-749-LENS (5367)
- In a Samís Club Optical Center .
- Can I place an order online and have it shipped to a Samís Club location?
At this time, you can order online and have the order shipped directly to your home. If you prefer to pick up at the club, visit the Samís Club Optical Center and they can place the order for you in just a few minutes. Find a Club
- Can I place an order online and pay with cash in a Samís Club location?
If you would like to pay with cash, please visit your local Samís Club to place an order with one of our associates. Find a Club
- Can I place an order online and have it shipped to my home?
Absolutely. We will ship the order directly to your door. For orders over $45, shipping is free!
- Do I need a current prescription from my eye doctor to order contacts?
Yes. You need a current prescription from your eye doctor to order contact lenses. We can get your prescription information in one of two ways:
- You can provide us with a copy of your written prescription from your eye doctor, or
- We can confirm your prescription information directly with your eye doctor.
- How do I order if I donít have a copy of my prescription?
If you donít have a copy of your prescription, we can confirm your prescription directly with your eye doctor before processing your contact lens order.
You will need to provide us with your doctorís name and information about your contact lenses that can be found on your contact lens box.
Your contact lens box includes your brand name and contact lens parameters. We will then confirm the prescription with your eye doctor directly.
- Where can I get an eye exam? Can I get an exam at a Samís Club Optical Center?
We encourage you and your family members to receive regular eye exams. You can get an exam from an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. There are independent doctors of Optometry that practice at many of our Samís Club Optical Centers and throughout your community.
- Can I use my vision insurance for contacts?
If you would like to use insurance please visit your local Sam's Club to place an order with one of our associates.
- Can I use a Samís Club gift card to purchase contacts online?
Not at this time. You can use a gift card in the club to purchase contacts.
- Can I get reminders when itís time to reorder contacts?
Yes, you can set up reminders when you create your account.
- If I need my contacts fast, can I get express delivery?
Yes, for just a small fee, we can ship your orders to you fast.
- What guarantee does Samís Club provide on contact lens purchases?
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all orders. We will exchange unopened boxes of previously purchased contact lenses if your prescription changes and weíll also replace torn contact lenses within the manufacturersí recommended time frame.
- Can I wear soft contact lenses if I have astigmatism?
Yes, you can wear a special type of soft contact lens called a toric
lens which will correct your astigmatism. However, these lenses are
typically more expensive and there are fewer types available than
there are with regular (spherical) lenses. Some of the more popular disposable toric lenses include the
Acuvue Advance For Astigmatism
, the Purevision Toric
and the Proclear Toric
. Several manufacturers including Ciba
(Focus) and Coopervision (Preference) produce 1-3
month frequent replacement toric lenses.
- Can I wear soft contact lenses if I need bifocals?
Yes, there are a number of contact lenses designed for people who need bifocal (multifocal) correction.
Some of the more popular disposable toric lenses include the
, the Purevision Multifocal
and the Proclear Multifocal.
- Is a contact lens prescription different than a glasses prescription?
Yes. When you order contact lenses, you must have a current contact
lens prescription which specifies the power of the lenses, the size of the
lens, the type and brand of lens. See also How to
Read a Contact Lens Prescription.
- If my 2 week disposable lenses are still comfortable and in good
condition beyond 2 weeks, can I continue to wear the same pair?
In order to maintain optimal eye health and comfort, it is important
to adhere to the wearing schedule prescribed by your doctor. The main
advantage of wearing disposable lenses is that you are putting a fresh new
pair of lenses in your eyes every 2 weeks. Also, the convenient cleaning
regimen of a disposable lens is only adequate for a 2 week wearing schedule.
- If I only wear my 2 week disposable contacts part time, do I still have
to replace them every 2 weeks?
No, the 2 weeks refers to the actual amount of wearing time so they
can last longer than 2 weeks if you are not wearing them full time.
- Your website lists my lens as 2 week disposable, but my doctor says I can wear them for 4 weeks. Which is correct?
The lens wearing schedules on our website are provided by contact lens manufacturers. However, doctors may decide on a different wearing schedule (shorter or longer) for an individual
patient based on wearing habits, lifestyle, cleaning methods etc. You should always follow the wearing schedule prescribed by your doctor.
- What's the difference between rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses and soft
RGPs are smaller and made out of a harder, less pliable material than soft
lenses which makes them less comfortable initially. RGPs correct some astigmatism
whereas soft spherical lenses do not.
- Can I swim with my contact lenses in?
It is best if you don't because there are bacteria in the water that can
adhere to your lenses and cause infections. If you do swim in your lenses,
you should wear goggles over them and you should disinfect them immediately
- Why is it necessary for contact lens wearers to have regular eye exams
even if their prescription hasn't changed?
Regular eye exams are important not only to check your prescription but also
to evaluate the health of your eyes. This is especially important for
contact lens wearers because the contacts could be causing damage to your
eyes without necessarily causing any obvious symptoms.
- I wear contact lenses and in order for me to read, I have to wear
reading glasses over them. Are there any other alternatives whereby I don't
have to wear glasses at all?
Yes, the most common option is called monovision where one eye is
corrected for viewing distant objects and the other eye is corrected for
reading and close work. Monovision is a good solution for some people, but
not everybody can successfully adapt to the arrangement. Another alternative
is bifocal contact lenses which are available in both rigid gas permeable or
soft lens designs.
- Do colored contact lenses work on dark eyes?
Yes, they are called opaque contacts as opposed to enhancer
tints which work only on light colored eyes. Year-long (daily wear and
extended wear) opaque contacts are available in many different colors and
shades. There are also several disposable colored lenses for dark eyes including Freshlook Colors
and Acuvue 2 Colors
- Do I still need a prescription if I just want contacts to change my eye
Yes, you still need to be fitted for the lenses even if you don't
need vision correction. This is because contact lenses are medical devices
and wearing them can affect the health of your eyes.
- How does the Federal Law "Fairness To Contact Lens Consumers" Act affect me?
On February 4th, 2004, a Federal Law
called the "Fairness To Contact Lens Consumers" act went into effect.
This law made it much easier for you to
enjoy the savings and convenience of ordering on-line from Sam's Club Contacts. Learn more about the
Federal Law and how it affects contact lens wearers.
- How can I be sure I receive email offers and updates from you?
You should add firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist or "friends" to make sure our emails are correctly received.
If you change your email address, please take a moment to log-in to your account, and update to the new address.
- How long does it take for my lenses to arrive?
98% of all US orders arrive within the 7-10 day delivery time stated on our website.
However, the vast majority of orders that are shipped from stock will arrive significantly sooner.