Sam's Club Contacts Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I purchase contacts from Sam's Club?
There are three easy ways to order contacts:
- Online. www.samsclubcontacts.com
- Phone. Dial 1-800-749-LENS (5367)
- In Person. Go to a Sam's Club Optical Center.
- Can I place an order online and have it shipped to a Sam's Club location?
At this time, you can order online and have the order shipped directly to your home. If you prefer to pick up at the club, visit the Sam's Club Optical Center and they can place the order for you in just a few minutes. Find a Club
- Can I place an order online and have it shipped to my home?
Absolutely. We will ship the order directly to your door. For orders over $45, shipping is free!
- Do I need a current prescription from my eye doctor to order contacts?
Yes. You need a current prescription from your eye doctor to order contact lenses. We can get your prescription information in one of two ways:
- You can provide us with a copy of your written prescription from your eye doctor, or
- We can confirm your prescription information directly with your eye doctor.
- How do I order if I don't have a copy of my prescription?
If you don't have a copy of your prescription, we can confirm your prescription directly with your eye doctor before processing your contact lens order. You will need to provide us with your doctor's name and phone number during checkout.
- Can I get an exam at a Sam's Club Optical Center?
Yes, there are independent doctors of Optometry that practice at many of our Sam's Club Optical Centers and throughout your community.
- Can I use my vision insurance for contacts?
If you would like to use insurance please visit your local Sam's Club to place an order with one of our associates.
- Can I use a Sam's Club gift card to purchase contacts online?
Not at this time. You can use a gift card in the club to purchase contacts.
- Can I get reminders when it's time to reorder contacts?
Yes, you can set up reminders when you create your account.
- If I need my contacts fast, can I get express delivery?
Yes, for just a small fee, we can ship your orders to you fast.
- What guarantee does Sam's Club provide on contact lens purchases?
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all orders. We will exchange unopened boxes of previously purchased contact lenses if your prescription changes and we'll also replace torn contact lenses within the manufacturers' recommended time frame.
- Is a contact lens prescription different than a glasses prescription?
Yes. When you order contact lenses, you must have a current contact lens prescription which specifies the power of the lenses, the size of the lens, the type and brand of lens. See also How to
Read a Contact Lens Prescription.
- Do I still need a prescription if I just want contacts to change my eye
Yes, you still need to be fitted for the lenses even if you don't
need vision correction. This is because contact lenses are medical devices
and wearing them can affect the health of your eyes.
- How does the Federal Law "Fairness To Contact Lens Consumers" Act affect me?
On February 4th, 2004, a Federal Law
called the "Fairness To Contact Lens Consumers" act went into effect.
This law made it much easier for you to
enjoy the savings and convenience of ordering on-line from Sam's Club Contacts. Learn more about the
Federal Law and how it affects contact lens wearers.
- How long does it take for my lenses to arrive?
98% of all US orders arrive within the 7-10 day delivery time stated on our website.
However, the vast majority of orders that are shipped from stock will arrive significantly sooner.
- How do I cancel my order?
To cancel your order, you will need to contact us before it ships. If it has already shipped, please view our return policy.